In the tech industry, there are only a few data scientists who are skilled and qualified to practice. Many organizations are looking for data talents that can help them manage big data in the most efficient way. As a result, there is a growing demand for this profession.
If you want to become a data scientist, knowing the best schools where data science courses are offered is important. Below are the top 5 schools where you can study and complete a data science course:
- Boston University. This private university is home to more than 34,000 students enrolled in over 300 different academic courses. You can study MS in Applied Business Analytics to understand large datasets analysis and data-related decision-making including finance, business operations, and marketing topics.
Once you graduate, you will be good at choosing the right analytical methods to use when monitoring data performance as well as proposing business solutions to overcome challenges in the industry.
- James Cook University. This university offers an online learning environment that will help the students to accelerate and gain opportunities. If you’re looking to advance your data science career, James Cook University offers a Master of Data Science degree that could help you acquire new skills and widen your knowledge in your field.
JCU is very dedicated in helping professionals in improving their skills by offering flexible class schedules to avoid compromising your daily work responsibilities.
- College of William and Mary. Being the second most established among the higher education institutions in the U.S., the College of William and Mary offers courses for students who want to become data scientists in the future. Coursework includes computing technologies, math modeling, communicating, and business acumen.
Noncredit classes must be taken by students before they start the coursework. Also, you will need to attend an orientation so that you will get an idea about the academic policies, learning platform, and curriculum.
- University of Notre Dame, Indiana. Another private institution where you can study data science and take up to 30 credits in order to complete the course is the University of Notre Dame. The coursework include communications and storytelling to teach future data scientists how to convey and interpret complex technical ideas.
- University of Illinois. If you want to study Master of Computer Science in Data Science, the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign is the right choice. You need to complete 32 credits through 8 4-credit courses. They include cloud computing, data visualization, data mining, and machine learning.
- University of Maryland-College. This public research college offers over 200 degree-granting courses that include data science programs. You will learn about data management, surveys, data analysis, and data science applications. The coursework also includes data curation, data access, and data generating processes.
These universities and colleges usually require average GPA scores. In addition, you need to pass the exam and comply with other requirements before you can be admitted to the university. So, where do you plan to complete your data science program?