The growing incidents of substance use addiction is a major cause of concern among young adults and older individuals alike. The effects are harmful to both the body and mind and can cause relapses and further damage unless treated properly.
How Do You Identify Substance Abuse?
A family member/friend or a loved one can be a victim of addiction, and you can help them out if you can identify the symptoms as early as you can:
- Having difficulties or conflicts at school, workplace, or home.
- Sudden negative changes in behavior.
- Unpredictable or risky behavior.
- Getting secluded from family and friends.
- Increase in cravings.
- Keeping himself preoccupied with drugs or alcohol.
- Increase in consumption or showing tolerance towards substances.
There can be a variety of reasons behind an individual getting addicted to substance abuse. For example. Genetic or hereditary factors, anxiety, depression, trauma or stress, economic or social factors, and using drugs or addiction towards prescribed medicines. Sometimes a combination of several factors can lead to addiction.
The most important step is to identify the root cause of addiction and then prescribe a process of treatment based on the same. Different individuals may have entirely different reasons for getting addicted, and the treatment needs to be customized to suit each one instead of generic treatment.
The above method is followed by Oro House rehab center for victims of substance abuse. These are treatment centers set up by Alo House Recovery Center, established in 2010.
In-patient Treatment Process
- For most patients, initially, there is a detox program for effectively overcoming withdrawal symptoms.
- There is continuous medical supervision to check the levels of progress as the withdrawal process is very crucial. The symptoms can be both dangerous and uncomfortable for the patient.
- Post detox, the next step consists of a customized treatment process as per the needs of different patients. At this stage, the patient is medically stable as there is no further consumption of substances.
- In case the patient has health insurance, he can determine the expenses during the in-patient treatment in advance.
- Availability of luxury treatment package for professionals who are accustomed to high-end amenities.
- A treatment program suitable for young adults who require care and nurturing to face the challenges of life and become addiction free.
There is a facility of outpatient treatment for patients who may not need residential treatment. This treatment is also extended after completion of the in-patient procedures for cases that would require additional follow-up measures for certain individuals.
The recovery programs consist of 30 days, 60 days, or 90 days or longer terms based on the requirement from a case-to-case basis. Oro House provides treatment for the below conditions:
- Alcohol addiction
- Addiction to heroin, opium, and cocaine
- Addiction to prescribed medicines
- Ecstasy, MDMA, and Molly addiction
Apart from therapies for substance abuse, the center also provides support for patients dealing with mental health problems. The aim is to provide a problem-free, and healthy life for people post the treatments for addictions and help them resume their normal activities.