DIY - Home Improvement

4 Signs Your House Is Affecting Your Health

If you are not cleaning your house regularly, it can have some long term consequences. But keeping up the hygiene of your house is not just about cleaning the surfaces. It is about maintaining the health of your house altogether. You do not want to bring anything in your house that can spread infections, and you also do not want to adopt habits that can make your house an unhealthy place. In this article, we will cover a few signs that indicate your house is affecting your health.

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning 

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning 

At home, we have furnaces and fireplaces that release a harmful gas called carbon monoxide. It is important to have a good ventilation system in your home, so the amount of carbon monoxide that is staying inside is minimal. Having too much carbon monoxide in your house can lead to several health problems. This gas is colorless, odorless, and is dangerous because it can go directly into your blood. Nausea, weakness, headaches are among the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. It is highly recommended that you install a carbon monoxide alarm in your house, so you can be warned whenever the levels are high. If you want to know what carbon monoxide is in detail and how it affects your health, it is important to do more research so you can keep your family safe and healthy. 

High Humidity

If the humidity is normally high in your house, it is also a sign that your health is getting affected by it. A higher humidity level can give birth to molds. When moisture  gets into drywalls, it becomes an ideal breeding place for mold. Mold can cause a number of health issues, including allergies, sleep disorders, and stomach infections. It is highly recommended that the humidity level of your house should not be more than 40%. The mold starts producing once the humidity level has crossed 60%, so keep that in check.

Water Damage

We all experience some sort of water damage in our house as it is very common. But whether it is a leaking ceiling or a flooded basement, once the damage has been fixed, it is equally important to clean it properly. Water damage may not attract mold, but it can still be harmful to you and even more harmful to your house’s health. The water damage can be inside the walls as well. If you see signs like peeled paint, warped walls, cracked surfaces, flooring, or white material on the floor, then it’s a sign of water damage.

Charlie Wilson

I am Charlie Wilson, an enthusiast who loves to travel and explore the world. Not only travelling is what I love in fact, I write travel blogs too, in order to entertain people and show them how important travelling is. I am a passionate writer and by profession

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Subscribe to our email newsletter today to receive updates on the latest news, tutorials and special offers!
Thanks for signing up. You must confirm your email address before we can send you. Please check your email and follow the instructions.
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe and will never be shared.
Don't miss out. Subscribe today.
×
×
WordPress Popup Plugin
Close
Close